Friday, January 28, 2005

Sarcasm Wrapped In Sarcasm

Not a lot happened today. I did get to sit in on a meeting, which was pretty fascinating. The boardroom overlooked Central Park. Why did I put "overlook" in the past tense as if the boardroom no longer does overlook the park? The boardroom overlooks Central Park. Or perhaps it did move... I'll check into that and get back to you.

Julie gave me some things to edit. That was fun. Well, in a geeky editing kind of way. But, I am a geek, so it all works out.

On Monday, I'll take a walk over to the Daily Show studio (weather permitting) and get some shots of the outside. It's pretty spectacular. Well, in a this-studio-is-not-at-all-spectacular kind of way. What I'm saying is that it's not spectular. That's the joke I was trying to convey. I was being sarcastic.

Now, I'm using this sarcastic use of sarcasm to again get you to laugh. It's sarcastic on one level, but the whole sarcastic joke is wrapped up in a warm, sarcasm blanket.

And now, I'm using the explanation of the multiple leveled sarcastic joke to make you laugh yet again. By explaining my own failed jokes, it makes them seem more planned out or carefully devised, instead of what they really are. Which is retarded.

3 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Stefush said...

You're not retarded, just confused.

We here at the Irony Clinic see plenty of young men such as yourself, who, looking for comfort in a sarcasm blanket, awake to find themselves lost and alone. Left to wander the streets, muttering to themselves about cabbage and long-lost references no one picked up on.

Please contact us to schedule a free, 90-minute introductory session: www.wyw5.blogspot.com. We can assist you in re-capturing your edge, your indefinable satiric magic, the "whoops there-it-is" that is the whoops that is you.

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Brad Koehn said...

You don't know me and I don't know you. I do know sarcasm though. What does that matter anyway. Why am I here? Who are you? Why am I typing? Ok. Nevermind. A sarcasm blanket. . . Is that really comfortable? I have a sarcasm toothbrush and a sarcasm ottoman. The ottoman rocks. The toothbrush makes my gums bleed.

 
At 2:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very cute, subtle humour...like it, like it !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home