Tuesday, February 01, 2005

1 Of 2 Security ID's

The main Viacom building is located at 1515 Broadway, right in the middle of Times Square. Comedy Central is stationed roughly 12 blocks from there. While I don't really need a security ID for the Viacom building, we're required to get one. Plus, it allows me access to, essentially, the entire building, which may pay off someday while I'm here. So today, not working or having very much to do, I went down to Times Square to get it done.

I passed through security and took the elevator to the necessary floor. By the way, it's the strangest thing to ride an elevator alone with a woman you've never met and attempt to look non-threatening. Like, "I know I'm male and I fit the description of most criminals, but I promise, I'm harmless. I don't want to mug or kill you." Wouldn't it be funny if she was thinking, "One more floor, then grab this chump's wallet and run like hell."

Anyway, I got my picture taken, finally. I asked the woman taking the ID photos to let me try a second photo, because I was sure that I could reach into the depths of my soul and muster the strength for a better face. But apparently not. What you see is in fact the second try.

[Just imagine the picture]

Granted, I had just gotten up 45 minutes earlier, and had ridden the subway for a half hour, but there's no reason I should look like a burn victim. Well, I don't look burned; I look more like a burn victim just as he is starting to get his life back together. You know, you think you can still see hints of horrific scars, but maybe the person isn't a burn victim at all, and they simply woke up with weird pillow imprints on their face? That's me.

So now I have security ID 1 of 2. Not the one I need, but hey, life's quirky.

...and also stupid.

2 Comments:

At 3:20 AM, Blogger Andy said...

Haha! They were burned off!

 
At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha ha ha...
i remember when i had my picture taken at 1515... was the lady - whose J.Lo posters everywhere in her cubicle - the 1 taking your pix?

gosh, how i miss living there...

anyway,
have fun with your internship... i'm sure you have a blast there... 'cuz i did.. :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home