Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Oh, The Characters I See!

From the moment I step out of my residence in the morning to the time I return again later that night, I am surrounded by some interesting characters. And they change everyday! I've kept a thorough mental list, but I won't bore you too much...

  • Man with suit and sneakers
  • Woman wearing fur coat as wide as her body is long
  • The panhandlers who begin every ride with "Ladies and gentlemen..."
  • Elderly woman who reaches top speed of .02 mph
  • Woman with lipstick near eyes
  • Musician with guitar, guitar case, and one song called, "Give Me A Dollar"
  • Seller of pirated DVD's of films just recently released in theaters
  • Buyer of pirated DVD's
  • Young man with headphones and bobbing head which resembles a muscle spasm
  • Old man with headphones and bobbing head which actually is a muscle spasm
  • Person speaking language which sounds like Klingon
  • Klingon

Obviously, I'm exaggerating a bit. I've never seen a woman with lipstick near her eyes. Tip of the nose, maybe. But I see these characters all over, and they all live in New York City together, like one big, happy... like one big family.

And the party doesn't stop when I get to work. I have an excellent view from the ninth floor. I can see everything. Today I saw a guy mug a woman in broad daylight. I felt bad, and I wished that I could have been there to do something about it. I can see the street vendors with their carts of high quality, not too mention visually appetizing, foods. I know if I ever need a bagel or a copy of She-Male, that's the place to go. Of course, the bagels are day-old and the copies of She-Male are probably months old. No thanks, street vendor; I'll stick with my up-to-date subscription.

Well, I have to go now, this guy in my office just totally mugged this woman in broad daylight! Lets see what kind of sweet loot he got!

3 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Blogger anonymous said...

LOL... You post brings back to me, all the images I saw in NY, it makes me smile, I mean when you think about it, they weren't nice images.. but whatver, is a long story why I'm smiling about. So I'll just stick with.. your blog is trippy as hell :p

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger AgeofAquarius said...

I definitely want to go to New York one day and your blog confirms that feeling. Keep on blogging!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger James and Jacob's Mommy said...

The first time I went to New York I was 13 (this was in 1994). I saw an old lady with lizards crawling all over her body (for money?) We also had a waitress with a full moustache. Then there was the guy who stopped traffic in front of the Ed Sullivan Theater so that he could be in my picture. Then there were all the tourists with fanny packs and neon colored hats with camcorders capturing the thrill of purchasing a hot dog from a street vendor... Ah, the lure of the city. I'd love to go back there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home