Monday, February 14, 2005

Straight Forward Post #1 - The UCB Theatre

So this will be my first post where I don't skew the "facts" with the power of flight or one-eyed subway dwellers. It had to happen eventually. This is my first straight forward blog entry. Plus, nothing at all happened at work today, so....

On Sunday night, I went with two friends (Jake and Melissa) to the UCB theatre, home of the outstanding comedy improv group Upright Citizens Brigade. The UCB was founded by Amy Pohler (now on SNL), Matt Besser, Ian Roberts (dance instructor in the film Bring It On), and Matt Walsh. I first discovered them when their show debuted on Comedy Central. It was a half hour of some of the most hilarious sketch comedy I've ever seen. So, when I knew I was coming to New York, one of the things I wanted to do was to go and see a show at the UCB theatre.

We went to the free 9:00PM show of Asssssscat 3000, a title which may or may not have anything to do with anything. I wasn't sure if any of the original UCB members would be performing, but sure enough, Amy Pohler did perform, and it was awesome. Also performing was Seth Meyer, another cast member from SNL. I must admit that on SNL I don't think he's all that funny, but doing improv he is unbelievably good.

Well, the show was fantastic, and I hope to return many times during the next few months. I may even try and take an improv class there. Who knows. Upright Citizens Brigade kicks ass.

End of straight forward post #1.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home